Monday, September 12, 2016

I'd Like to Introduce.......

....well, she doesn't really have a name.  But she's pretty hot (sometimes) and amazing! She's my vintage, harvest gold crockpot.  She's 44-years-old..been with me since the beginning of my cooking career.  We've been through a lot of meals together.  She's faithfully cooked up pot roasts, chicken, broths, soups, stews and beans.  She's worked full-days, while I was away working full days.  She's made my tribe happy to come home to a hot meal after a long day (especially me since I didn't have to cook after that long day!)  I appreciate this old friend.  I've brought her to school functions, and the first thing people do is kind of snicker at her "style".  But once I tell them how much experience she has, she gets appropriate respect!


Lately, it seems that she needs a little maintenance--(sisters, don't we all??) Her handle broke-I think an easy fix.  I'm going to make her handle something really special, maybe a little bling.  She's earned it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments!