Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mom's Tablescape

I'm visiting my mom this weekend, and we've been talking about tablescaping, looking at blogs, etc. I've already explained that most of the women in my family have a dish addiction which we inherited, in part, from her. While we were looking at my grandmother's dishes, that were bought in the late 30's or early 40's, as well as other treasures, mom said.."Why don't we make a tablescape?". I thought that was a neat idea, so we did.



We used my grandmother's china, which was made by Noritake, but we don't know the name of the pattern...anyone recognize this?

We also used some more of her stemware, you've seen the goblets in my first tablescape.





Her flatware is Oneida Louisiana.



This beautiful tea set (two cups and saucers, sugar and creamer and teapot)came from a garage sale for $5 and is also made by Noritake..what a find!



The napkin rings were made from some flowers we dug out of a basket in the living room. The candles are just tea lights placed in some random crystal candle holders that mom had in a cabinet. Mom and daughter tablescaping..a fun way to play on Saturday!

1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comments!