Thursday, July 23, 2009

Miss Kitty


Miss Kitty died yesterday.



She adopted us about 5 or 6 years ago. When she came to our house, she was a baby, and very shy. It took me a very long time to get her to realize that I was not going to hurt her. She knew I was the one feeding her, but wasn't sure if she could trust me. When she finally did, she became the sweetest cat that has ever owned me.

She was a hunter, and I'm sure was the property sheriff to many an interloping mouse, snake, bird..and yes, even a rabbit once, who came on her turf. But to people, she was sweet and shy. My baby granddaughter loved her, and Miss Kitty tolerated some rough love from her, or would just get out of the way. She loved to jump up wherever I was sitting and take a nap. She was a talker..always letting you know she was there and needed some sort of attention.


Miss Kitty was just a good cat. I am sad about her being sick, and I will miss her. If you read the bible, you'll find that there are animals (horses for sure, anyway) in heaven. I'm not sure how all that works, but I choose to believe that Miss Kitty is there now, happy and well, talking and cat napping in perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments!